Over the past eighteen months, we have tried to provide you with information about the traditional publishing industry, print-on-demand, trends in publishing, and specifically, how Snowfall Press works and benefits both publishers and authors.
Many of the topics have been from our own personal/professional experience, with a scattering of guest blogs from other industry professionals and thought leaders. We would like to expand that. If you are an industry veteran, or a new publisher/author, we would love for you to share your experiences with Snowfall and our readers.
- Share your own experiences!
- Establish authority and expertise
- Develop new relationships with readers
- Improve your writing skills
- Increase your industry influence
- Expand your current base of followers
- And, you get a chance to build your reputation and/or brand
Would you consider guest posting?
Because our blog focuses on specific areas, our readers expect to read helpful information about these topics. We know you have something to say. Everyone does. We would like to hear your story and learn from your own experience.
To help get you started, we have adapted this list of guidelines for guest posting.
- The subject of the blog post should be one that fits the blog. We want you to write about publishing, printing, writing, books, technology and marketing.
- Be original. We don’t want to reuse the same content that you have published somewhere else, nor do we want you to republish the same post after we do. Google actually penalizes sites for duplicate content.
- We want to hear your voice. Don’t try to imitate our style. Be creative.
- Be concise. Many times length equates to effectiveness. Keep your post between 500-700 words. Or less.
- Use visuals. The most effective communication includes art, pictures, graphs, etc. They help engage readers. Just make sure you have permission or copyright to these before using them.
- Share liberally. Make sure to drive your own people to the post. This helps us, and you. You should use a byline at the bottom of the post with a link to connect back to you directly.
- Engage your readers when they comment.
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as an attachment.