In the past few weeks, BelieversPress has been contacted by authors who want or need to move their files from other publishing organizations. To save you time, we’ve listed some of our information here.
- We offer a complete independent publishing service track, from teaching and training all the way through printing and retail distribution. All our services come a la carte — so authors pay only for what they need.
- We do not take a percentage of sales. We only charge for the services we provide.
- We do not own the content or the finished files. The author owns them.
- We do not mark up our print prices. We use strategic alliances to keep costs down for our author partners.
Our Services for Authors Switching Providers
With the recent downfall of Winepress, many authors have been left with unfinished projects. Whether you’re an author recovering from that, or are simply trying to find a better deal, BelieversPress can help.
- Authors with a finished book but no print-ready files (because the book is old, or because of debacles with publishers) can send us a physical copy to be scanned. We can provide the book with a new ISBN and low cost, on-demand printing.
- Authors with finished files can get a new ISBN and barcode positioned on their existing covers, along with modifications to the copyright page. These files can be loaded into our in-house Print-on-Demand service with a low cost per unit — but all file uploads are free.
- Authors with files ready for long-run printing (500 units or more) can take advantage of our strategic alliance with Bethany Press, which prints for all of the major publishers in the Christian book industry.
- Authors with inventory in a warehouse that cannot be accessed can use their print-ready files to print short runs of ‘gap’ stock. We also have retail distribution for any titles that need a warehouse, sales team, and shipping line.
This is not an exhaustive list, but may help authors in the transition process.
- Design – We provide a single package through our designers that include two comps and three rounds of changes. We provide barcodes and ISBNs as needed. Custom art or photos are additional. Illustrations are also available, but are bid separately.
- eBook Conversion – We use a proprietary eBook conversion tool, which formats both EPUB and MOBI at the same time; real people direct and approve every step of the conversion process, including seeking author approval for layout.
- eBook Distribution – We have an automated distribution system which places eBook files with 30+ global retailers (with more to come) and tracks the sales online. We do not keep a percentage of the revenue; 100% is delivered to the author/publisher.
- Retail Distribution – Retailers want one box/one invoice/one return solutions. Our partner, Anchor Distribution, is one of the largest wholesalers in the Christian publishing industry. Coupled with the contract distribution services (publisher owned stock and third-party logistics), it makes a powerful combination serving authors and retailers.
If you find yourself with questions, please contact us at 866.794.8774, or email us at email@example.com.
Dave Sheets is the president of Christian Writers Guild, BelieversPress and BookPrintOnDemand, all services dedicated to helping authors. We exist because we believe at the core of every person is the need to tell a story, teach a lesson, make a difference. Our purpose is to teach authors how to write well, craft a book, and get their message in front of people.